The hardest jump for any actor is to find a showreel that shows them off to the highest standard. Most young actors are only offered smaller roles on TV and find it almost impossible to build a quality showreel. The days of ‘montage’ showreels are gone , now the strength of your performance is shown in creating solid acting pieces that show intensity and truth.
Our Showreel Courses
We will run a series of one day courses in which you will be taken through an intensive acting workshop with our professional actors or directors and the day will result in filming a showreel scene piece.
How It Works
All showreel pieces will be filmed on BlackMagic 4k camera and will be colourgraded and edited to professional standard.
Your director will film each sequence in at least 5 different angles to produce the highest of modern looks to the edit.
You will be expected to bring your creative talent and your energy in order to capture the very highest quality of acting. You will also be expected to bring a script or to write your own work in order to capture your’ acting’ in its most relaxed and confident performance.
WE WILL ONLY EVER OFFER TEN PLACES ON EACH SHOWREEL WORKSHOP
This is make sure that quality is produced over quatity. Our directors care about the finished product and so they limit their attendees to make sure that the highest levels are achieved.
What We Provide:
- A workshop setting to develop your scene and to strengthen your tv/film acting style in order to stop over acting.
- A small crew consisting of a director, DOP and boom operator. The director has experience in filming showreel scenes and will work with you to get the best out of your scene.
- Filmed in HD.
- Edited and colourgraded to professional standard.
- We edit your scene within 4 weeks and send it out to you via a media hosting site for you to download.
What You Provide:
- You will be expected to bring your creative talent and your energy in order to capture the very highest quality of acting.
- You will also be expected to bring a script or to write your own work.
( In order to capture your’ acting’ in its most relaxed and confident performance. )
- We can provide you with a script but a piece that you are 100% confident with will always provide the best showreel material.
- Scenes should be 3 minutes long at maximum.
What We Can Help With:
- Finding other actors to make your scene.
- Suggesting scenes or help on writing your own work.
SHOWREEL WORKSHOPS ARE MONTHLY THROUGH OUT 2017
Please choose your preferred month when BOOKING
BOOK YOUR SHOWREEL COURSE NOW
59 Mount Stuart Square
Phone: 02920 473 993